Thursday, January 31, 2013

She and I

Clair and I are not the same; we are the same person, but we are not the same. She does not want to do this assignment; she doesn't want to do much of anything. She notices all of the aches and pains-- especially the slight burn of our pump-site. I try to ignored these pains, but she points them out to me. I attempt to distract her with work, school, or other things, but she grumbles and lies down.

She and I are not the same. For me, it is the easiest thing in the world to prick, inject, record. I eat well, or at least intend to. But she finds these thing wearisome and "forgets." She doesn't see how her actions make her angry and depressed. She refuses to acknowledge the circle she is stuck in. She and I, we are not the same, because my pancreas works. Or at least I've tricked my body into thinking so.

She doesn't want to do anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment